Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jacob Lance Brunner has arrived!

Our son is finally here :) I'm so happy to report that I am a new mom and it could not be any better! Jacob Lance Brunner was born at 12am May 6, 2010. He weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long.

My labor and delivery experience was unbelievable. I really honestly was in denial that I was in labor for a while- I just couldn't believe that this was really happening. It started out on Wednesday morning May 5th when I woke up in a complete sweat and felt very nausous. I called the doctor's office and they said to just go to the hospital. I called Travis and my Mom and they came home to get me. I arrived at the hospital and they hooked me a baby up to check everything out. I had been feeling some burning pain the last few nights- but nothing that would keep me awake. Anyway- everything looked great and while I was hooked up to the fetal monitor I had those pains again and the nurse looked at me shocked to tell me that I was having quite a big contraction! I had no idea.... So she checked me and I was 100% effaced and dilated 2 cm. That was great to hear. So we left the hospital and went to lunch and Travis went back to work to finish some things up because my Mom had this feeling that we would be back at the hospital that night. Well sure enough as soon as I got home I cleaned the house and started having regular contractions. They started every 20 minutes and soon were every 10 minutes. I went walking, got in the hot tub and could not sit down. We waited for Travis to get off work and headed back to the hospital at 6pm. They checked me and I was only 3 cm dilated. I was kind of bummed but knew that I wasn't leaving the hospital because the contractions were every 4 minutes at that point.

I labored in the hospital and Travis and my Mom were SO helpful. I couldn't have stayed focused without them. To make a very long story short, my labor went very fast. I was unable to get an epidural and was 10 cm dilated at 11pm. At one point, his heartrate went down and I couldn't push for 2 contractions- which was really difficult and Travis got really scared and nervous. But Jake recovered quickly and it took some time and a lot of effort on my part- but our little man finally arrived at 12am on the dot!

I wouldn't have changed anything about the experience- everything was great and he came out so perfectly! He is already so loved by so many people and I'm so happy he came in time for me to celebrate Mother's Day. Now I know why that day is so very special.




The Brunner Family



No comments: