Saturday, October 16, 2010

Back to Blogging!




Well I don't even know where to begin.....

It's been a long time since I've blogged and I wanted to be able to use this to keep pictures and records of Jake's life- but so much for that. I'm going to try to stay on track now!! I wanted to post about him and what he's doing- because I have already forgotten what he was like a month ago!!
Jake is 5 1/2 months now and time sure does fly when you're having fun. These last few months have been so enjoyable- it's amazing to witness and be apart of such a sweet little boy's life. Travis and I are really loving being parents and it's a lot of fun. Believe me, it was quite an adjustment for me in the beginning- Jake cried a lot and had a hard time taking his naps during the day- but we stuck with a routine and now he sure is an easy baby! He seems to be loving life!

He started eating solid foods about a month ago and loves everything he's tried except sweet peas- he shivers almost every time he eats them :) He eats every 4 hours now- and is taking 2 naps each day with a little catnap in the evening. He is doing so much better at night too. Bedtime is about 7:45pm and he will still wake up a couple times between 5am and 7am because he wants his pacifier- but then he doesn't wake up until 7am. We are still swaddling him and I think that may be changing soon... He can now sit up by himself and loves to have all his toys around him on the floor. It's so nice to not have to sit with him all the time on the floor. He still spits up A LOT!! It's so disgusting because he is constantly staining his cute outfits and he wears a bib all the time- it's so hard finding ones that match his clothes and he has to have about 3 outfits in his diaper bag each day- needless to say I do A LOT of laundry! :) Jake is such a social little guy- he smiles and talks to everyone and seems to always be happy- it's been so much fun having him in my life- I love him so much!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

good update...I just can't believe it's been over 5 1/2 months since he was born!!! Also, how did he go from being full of dark hair when he was born to being almost bald with blond hair?:) He looks so much different then in his pictures you posted from the hospital...!

Natty said...

Linds I know all about that spitting up thing. Lane was the worst. I think he was in a diaper only everyday arounf 4 beacause I didn't want to change him one more time.
But he will grow out of it I promise!

Beugler Family said...

What a cute little guy. And dont worry the spitting up will go away I bet around a year. Thats how it worked for my kiddos