Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ultrasound!

We just had an ultrasound this morning and found out everything is great with our little guy! That's right... we're having a boy ;) Travis and I are so excited and I feel such a huge amount of happiness. It was so neat to be able to see everything and watch him move around. The ultrasound tech said that he is measuring large and he weighs 1 pound already!

The above picture is of him looking right at us. I asked where a picture was of his boy parts and the tech said that they can no longer give out pictures of the genitals!?!?! I was a little disappointed, but it was pretty obvious that he's a boy.

I immediatley felt a connection to him once I saw him on the monitor. It is such a satisfying feeling to see something you created. He already looks so beautiful! Well we are so thrilled and I wanted to hold him so badly when I saw him. Travis already looked like a proud dad- we are so thankful.

Well I am now anxiously waiting the day for him to be here. I'm over half way now- 20 weeks and 4 days- and I am enjoying every minute. I am excited now for all the other things that come with preparing for a baby: picking out his name, organizing his room and getting ready!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so EXCITED for you!!! Congrats Lyns and Travis! I can't believe you are 20 weeks! Time is flying and soon you will have that little boy in your arms! xoxo, monica

The Exhausted "Super Mom" said...

You are going to have so much fun with your little guy and it will be amazing how much you can love someone! You will be getting lots of hand-me-down clothes!

Janelle said...

How cool, I have to say I was a bit shocked to hear that is was a boy! Congratulations, you guys are going to be great parents:)

Natty said...

yeah, I am so happy your having a boy, and that he is big and healthy. He will definitly have a lot of little friends to play with. Boys are so fun!!!

Eava said...

I guess I should only write positive things. I've had way to many people call and ask if i was okay. :) Super excited that your having a boy! You two will be great parents! Congrats!