Thursday, February 11, 2010

27 Weeks!


I'm 27 weeks today! Travis and I went to the doctor yesterday for a normal appointment- and it was the first time that not everything was right and normal. Every time I go they take a urine test and this time they said I had protein in my urine. If this is accompanied with high blood pressure, it could mean preeclampsia. I've never had high blood pressure problems and my blood pressure was fine yesterday. So that means I may have a bladder infection which needs to be treated with antibiotics because it could lead to a kidney infection which could lead to premature labor. So the doctor had me go to the lab at St. Joe's to get a urine test as well as the regularly scheduled glucose test. The glucose test is interesting because they make you drink this really sweet kool-aid tasting drink and then you have to sit in the waiting room for an hour before they draw your blood. I made Travis come with me because he had the day off of work so it wasn't so boring. Anyway- the urine results came back and I don't have protein in my urine nor do I have a bladder infection. So, I thought it was weird that the doctor's office thought I had protein when the lab says I don't. I have an appointment next week to get the results of the glucose test so I'm going to ask them that exact question because it kind of bugged me!
Everything else looked great with Baby Brunner. We were able to hear his heartbeat at 150 bpm and I measured 27 centimeters this time- so I didn't get to hear that I have a big baby. Maybe he just had a large growth spurt the last month!
I'm super excited for this weekend because the crib and dresser should be arriving today! The bedding arrived yesterday so I'm going to the paint store to get paint and Whitney and I are going to finish painting his room today so Travis and I can get everything set up this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some finished pictures to take!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I think you are the cutest pregnant women ever!:) I love your belly and you are always so fashionable with all your accessories;) love you and i can't wait to see the final product of his room!

The Kees said...

You look so cute! And you are so little. XO