Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Shower!

Get ready for a lot of pictures!! We had Baby Brunner's shower this last weekend and the celebration started on Friday at Katherine's mom's house where we decorated cupcakes and cookies. Whitney and Landen came up and Landen helped by testing the cupcakes!


Below is a picture of Katherine decorating the baseball cookies- they turned out so great! Thanks to Katherine and her mom, we had such cute special treats at the shower.



There was so much food too! Betsy opened her house to us and everything turned out so nice.








Opening presents was quite the adventure! Everyone was so generous with their gifts and I got so many hand made blankets and burp rags- they were very special. Landen was also a good helper- he had been so patient waiting to help me open all the gifts.

Travis came by towards the end to see everything and help finish off the food! He was amazed at how many gifts he had to put in the truck ;) We are so lucky to have such great family and friends who love us so much.


This last picture sort of captures how I was feeling at the end of opening all the gifts! It's weird being a first time mom, because I don't have a clue about what I'm going to need or not need. I'm so thankful to have so much family around and close friends who all have kids so they are able to explain things to me. The next day Whitney, my Mom and my friend Kristen came over to help me organize his nursery and set up the closet and dresser. It was so much fun and I am so excited for Jake to finally get here. I now these last weeks probably will feel like they're dragging by- but I know he will be here before I know it!
We started labor and delivery classes on Monday at St. Joseph Hospital. Travis was out of town and had to miss this first class but my Mom came with me and it was surprising because I didn't know what I was going to feel after seeing real footage of a birth and talking about the facts of labor. It was so great because for some reason I felt so calm and confident after just sitting through one class! I know that the adventure will be painful and indescribable; it's just going to be about being in the right mind set to get through it. Also- there is always pain medicine too! :)

2 comments:

Eava said...

I can't believe how great you look! I also love the name Jake, so cute!

Whitney said...

Did you see what Landen has on his head in the last picture?!! I never noticed that;):) He thought the "pee pee tee pee" was a hat!